In 1973, the Altshule family established Outdoor Products and laid the foundation for a company built on a passion for the great outdoors. The family has grown its business into a successful international manufacturer and distributor of outdoor gear and accessories.
The family first opened a four-story department store in Los Angeles that displayed more camping tents and gear than any other retailer in the U.S. It quickly surpassed the expectations of outdoor enthusiasts that stopped by to stock up for their life adventures. Providing value, product assortment and listening to customer feedback was the key to success then.
The company now offers 45-plus years of knowledge and experience in the outdoor and sporting goods industries, in-house product and packaging design, and a global sourcing team that will find the best materials and follow the production cycle to make sure quality and delivery deadlines are met, all while elevating the customer experience. Outdoor Products has stood by the philosophy of Quality + Value + Customer Feedback = Success throughout the years, and continues to grow as a family, a business and a leader in the cut-and-sew manufacturing industry.
While Outdoor Products outgrew The Famous Department Store, the values instilled from the days when it first started off are stronger than ever. As Outdoor Products looks to the future, the company is very proud to have a hand in making memories possible for anyone and everyone who uses its products to explore planet earth. So come join us, grab a pack, and become part of a family that cares about its core values, its customers and the great outdoors.
Whether its for work, play, or travel Outdoor Products helps you pack for life. For more information, call 887-227-0077 or visit www.outdoorproducts.com.
TORG defines success by the quality and level of service we deliver—in our innovation, in our expertise, in every tested and proven process—for our customers worldwide.
Our values support our organization from the inside out. They shaped our organization from the beginning in 1973 and continue to be the essence of why we do what we do every day. We live and breathe by them to grow our business, build our relationships and respect our communities.
- Passionate about our customers and our products. We take care of our brands through every phasefrom cradle to consumer. We do things right to do right for our customers.
- Motivated to unlock vision. We believe in the heritage of our brands to grow our business andwe believe in new ideas to leverage new trends and build that potential giant.
- Aim high to deliver the best. Our team is relentless in their efforts to build the best experience—from the creativity to the quality to the “do whatever it takes” support
- Resiliency to all obstacles. Over time, we have built the tools and the capacity to get productsto market quickly with ease, and always deliver on our commitment to quality.
- Authentic in our relationships. We are good partners. Genuine in spirit. A reputation of longevity.We take pride in our relationships with everyone we partner with.
- Sustainable for our future. Our mission is to continue to grow with consistent awareness ofour people, our environment, and solid business practices.